The Book on Negotiating Real EstateAuthor: J. Scott Publisher: BiggerPockets : 2019 ISBN: 1947200062 Pages: 271 Country: United States of America Language: English Dimension: 8.8 x 6 x 0.7 inches
A priceless read during times of economic turmoil―use negotiation skills to get the best deals no matter what the housing market throws your way.
Learn how to close more real estate deals. . . and make more money in the process!
Three expert investors and bestselling authors come together to show you how to get the most deals―and the best deals―on all of your investment property. With more than 1,000 successful real estate deals between them, J Scott, Mark Ferguson, and Carol Scott combine the science of negotiation with real world experience to dive into all aspects of the real estate negotiation process. From the first interaction with a buyer or seller, to renegotiating the contract after unexpected issues arise, to last-minute concessions at closing, you’ll learn everything you need to reach optimal agreements every time.
Along with a step-by-step guide to the negotiation process, this book also contains dozens of true-life stories that highlight how strong negotiation can result in more and better deals. Real dialogue examples will teach you what to say and how to say it, effectively strengthening your ability to close profitable transactions. Whether you’re a real estate investor, agent, beginner, or veteran, you can use these expert strategies to create dynamic end results!
Inside, you will learn:
- The psychology of building relationships to gain negotiating leverage
- How to uncover information to tip negotiating outcomes in your favor
- Strategies for defining optimal offers, counter-offers, and using concessions to get your deal to the finish line
- How to overcome objections and renegotiate issues that arise from contract contingencies
- Specific tips for making/receiving offers through agents and buying properties from banks/HUD
- And much more!